I can hardly believe it’s the start of March! February was a super busy month for me, but it was also a really good one. Here’s what I got up to:
- Watched the Aladdin musical which was so hilarious and I adored the colourful cast and set!
- Finally finished a massive project at work that I had been working on for 12 months. There was lots of partying involved and I’m so happy it’s up!
- I reached over 1000 subscribers on Youtube! I’m so happy about this, I’ve really been enjoying youtube lately and I can’t believe I reached this milestone so quickly.
Current giveaway: Win a $15 book of your choice from The Book Depository. Simply subscribe & comment with a video idea on my video! Ends 11 March 2018.
Penguin Teen Australia Showcase
I got to attend the Penguin Teen Australia Showcase in Brisbane last week, and it was such a wonderful event! I finally met Fleur Ferris whose books I’ve loved for a few years now, and it was lovely chatting to her and hearing about Found, her new release coming out.
We also got to watch a preview screening of Love, Simon which was so adorable! It definitely gave me all the warm and fuzzy feelings and I just wanted to give all those characters a big hug. After reading and loving Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda, I was so happy to see that the movie stayed true to the tone of the book (here I am with Rachelle and Piera).
I also met Jodi McAllister, author of Valentine and Ironheart and got my books signed and it was interesting hearing about the influences of her writing. She was interviewed by Rhianna Patrick as from #LoveOzYA (who I also work with on ABC radio) and it’s always an entertaining conversation.
February Book Haul
I did relatively well with my book buying ban (although I did end up buying a few more books when I realised this fact, whoops) this month. I did get a few books that I had been looking forward to reading from publishers for review which was really exciting!
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco – I got this from my friend Piera because I listened to the audiobook and loved it!
- Iron Gold by Pierce Brown – This came as part of my Illumicrate Howler edition. I can’t wait to read it!
- Unearthed by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – This hardcover came as part of the January Spearcraft Book Box. Check out my Triple unboxing here!
- Furyborn by Claire Legrand – I’m sooo excited to read this fantasy, the blurb sounds amazing and I’ve heard so much hype.
- Sightwitch by Susan Dennard – Can’t wait to read this companion to the series!
- P is for Pearl by Eliza Henry-Jones – I read it for OZYAY last week and it is a beautiful #LoveOzYA exploration of grief set in Tasmania.
- Penguin Teen Australia Super-Proof 2018 – This is a super beautiful exclusive proof with some chapter samplers of upcoming/new releases.
- Tempests and Slaughter by Tamora Pierce – The mage school and friendship trio here sounds totally up my alley!
- White Night by Ellie Marney – This is written based on the author’s own experience living in a secluded cult-like community. Chilling.
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton – I’ve heard this is like the Capitol of the Hunger Games, I’m looking forward to it despite some problematic queer representation.
- Face by Benjamin Zephaniah – I hadn’t heard much about this, it sounds like an action middle-grade.
- The Fandom by Anna Day – Sounds like an interesting fandom based thriller.
- The Invasion by Peadar O’Guilin – I haven’t read the first book, The Call yet but this is the sequel.
Thanks to New South Books, Pan Macmillan Australia, Allen & Unwin, Bloomsbury, Penguin Random House and Hachette Australia for sending me these review copies!
February Wrap Up
It was actually a good reading month for me – although I didn’t read as much as I’m used to reading, I actually enjoyed almost all of the books!
Check out my wrap up video below or on our youtube channel:
Books I read
Raelia by Lynette Noni
Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman
Reign the Earth by A.C. Gaughen
American Panda by Gloria Chao
Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalto
Wires & Nerve Vol 2 by Marissa Meyer & Stephen Gilpin
Convergence by Marita Smith
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for more videos!
What have you been reading in February? What books did you haul? Talk to me below!
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- The Last Tale of the Flower Bride Review: A Gothic Dark Fairytale - May 3, 2023
- The Issues I Had With It Ends With Us - March 4, 2023
- Nona The Ninth Review: A Challenge to The Brain Cells - January 13, 2023
Love all the books you got Jeann! I really hope you enjoy Furyborn (I liked it but also had Things about it lool), and yay for Sightwitch and the Belles!
Hope you have an amazing March!
(and a casual reminder that you’re freaking amazing and such a role model!)
Aila J. recently posted…Honor Among Thieves Review: A Super Unique Sci-Fi Story… Find Out Why!
AILA what would I do without you?! You are so lovely you’ve seriously made my day! I’m looking forward to reading so many of these books. Hope your exams went well!
Congratulations on 1000 subscribers on Youtube, Jeann! And I’m glad you had a fantastic month both reading and non-reading related despite the fact it was busy for you. Hope you continue to have a good reading month in March! 😀
Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts recently posted…The Neverland Wars by Audrey Greathouse Review | Save Yourself and Skip This One
Thank you so much Sophia, I had a great time in Feb! I hope you have a great rest of the month!
Oooh, I’ve seen the Aladdin musical myself, in London. I’ve just read and reviewed The Fandom, and I wasn’t overly struck on it, personally. I always think months where I enjoy what I read are better than months where I read more. I picked up Things a Bright Girl Can Do and Goodbye, Perfect during February!
Fiona recently posted…A Review of The Fandom
Oh my gosh, that would’ve been an amazing show in London! Great to hear your thoughts on The Fandom, it’s a shame it was kind of meh. Yeah, it’s actually rare that I enjoy most of the books I read!
I’m so glad to hear you had a great month overall, Jeann! And congratulations on the 1000 followers and on finishing your big project at work, that’s awesome, I’m really happy for you 🙂 x
You’re so lucky you got to see Love, Simon, I’m so glad it was great for you, I can’t wait to see it as well 🙂
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on all of these new books, especially The Belles, I recently read that one and really enjoyed it 🙂
I hope you’re having a lovely March! xx
Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books recently posted…I Would Give Up the Internet Bookish Tag
Awww thank you so much Marie! I think you’ll love Love Simon when you watch it, it’s so adorable. I’m so glad you loved The Belles as well, I’m going to have to read it soon! March is awesome so far 🙂
Sounds like a pretty good month and you hauled some great books. 😀
Annemieke recently posted…TTT #131 – Favorite Quotes From Discworld So Far
Thanks lovely, it was good!
Congratulations on reaching the big 1K! I admittedly haven’t watched BookTube in forever – I’m going to have to get back into watching it again I feel like I must’ve missed a lot there haha. AHHH Love, Simon!! I cannot wait for it to come out!! Hope you have a great March <3
Savannah recently posted…February Monthly Wrap-Up // my twitter hiatus, university hunting & bettering myself
Thank you so much Savannah! I’m really enjoying booktube a lot so I’ve been really into it lately haha. Yesss it was such an adorable movie! Thank you lovely!
Congrats about the milestone Jeann! 😀 And amazing haul. I wish we had events like that showcase around here. Sadly, Belgium doesn’t have nearly enough bookish events for the book blogging world. Also go you on being so productive! I’m trying to be, but fail most of the time ahaha. Yeah…
Bee @ Novel Ink recently posted…ARC Review: More Than We Can Tell by Bridget Kemmerer
Thank you so much Bee, I hope you have been going well! A shame to hear about the bookish events! Yeah I usually keep myself really busy but then again I don’t get much downtime…
YAS CONGRATS ON 1K FOLLOWERS!! Also you have been massively productive and this is the part where I’ll just sit back and clap because the biggest thing I did was make ice cream and tell my 2yo niece not to draw on my face. (Also I’m SO excited for Iron Gold but I’m going via audio because the actual book will kill me if I try to hold it. I think it’s as tall as me.)
Cait @ Paper Fury recently posted…10 Things Book Bloggers Get Excited About (All Of These Are Rational For Sure)
Thank you so much lovely! Yeah, I’ve been way too productive lately hahaha and I need to rest, seriously because I’m so tired lol. OMG ICE CREAM. Seriously that’s a massive effort hahaha. Omg yeah the hardback is a seriously weapon.