I can hardly believe it’s the start of March! February was a super busy month for me, but it was also a really good one. Here’s what I got up to:
- Watched the Aladdin musical which was so hilarious and I adored the colourful cast and set!
- Finally finished a massive project at work that I had been working on for 12 months. There was lots of partying involved and I’m so happy it’s up!
- I reached over 1000 subscribers on Youtube! I’m so happy about this, I’ve really been enjoying youtube lately and I can’t believe I reached this milestone so quickly.
Current giveaway: Win a $15 book of your choice from The Book Depository. Simply subscribe & comment with a video idea on my video! Ends 11 March 2018.
Penguin Teen Australia Showcase
I got to attend the Penguin Teen Australia Showcase in Brisbane last week, and it was such a wonderful event! I finally met Fleur Ferris whose books I’ve loved for a few years now, and it was lovely chatting to her and hearing about Found, her new release coming out.
We also got to watch a preview screening of Love, Simon which was so adorable! It definitely gave me all the warm and fuzzy feelings and I just wanted to give all those characters a big hug. After reading and loving Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda, I was so happy to see that the movie stayed true to the tone of the book (here I am with Rachelle and Piera).
I also met Jodi McAllister, author of Valentine and Ironheart and got my books signed and it was interesting hearing about the influences of her writing. She was interviewed by Rhianna Patrick as from #LoveOzYA (who I also work with on ABC radio) and it’s always an entertaining conversation.
February Book Haul
I did relatively well with my book buying ban (although I did end up buying a few more books when I realised this fact, whoops) this month. I did get a few books that I had been looking forward to reading from publishers for review which was really exciting!
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco – I got this from my friend Piera because I listened to the audiobook and loved it!
- Iron Gold by Pierce Brown – This came as part of my Illumicrate Howler edition. I can’t wait to read it!
- Unearthed by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – This hardcover came as part of the January Spearcraft Book Box. Check out my Triple unboxing here!
- Furyborn by Claire Legrand – I’m sooo excited to read this fantasy, the blurb sounds amazing and I’ve heard so much hype.
- Sightwitch by Susan Dennard – Can’t wait to read this companion to the series!
- P is for Pearl by Eliza Henry-Jones – I read it for OZYAY last week and it is a beautiful #LoveOzYA exploration of grief set in Tasmania.
- Penguin Teen Australia Super-Proof 2018 – This is a super beautiful exclusive proof with some chapter samplers of upcoming/new releases.
- Tempests and Slaughter by Tamora Pierce – The mage school and friendship trio here sounds totally up my alley!
- White Night by Ellie Marney – This is written based on the author’s own experience living in a secluded cult-like community. Chilling.
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton – I’ve heard this is like the Capitol of the Hunger Games, I’m looking forward to it despite some problematic queer representation.
- Face by Benjamin Zephaniah – I hadn’t heard much about this, it sounds like an action middle-grade.
- The Fandom by Anna Day – Sounds like an interesting fandom based thriller.
- The Invasion by Peadar O’Guilin – I haven’t read the first book, The Call yet but this is the sequel.
Thanks to New South Books, Pan Macmillan Australia, Allen & Unwin, Bloomsbury, Penguin Random House and Hachette Australia for sending me these review copies!
February Wrap Up
It was actually a good reading month for me – although I didn’t read as much as I’m used to reading, I actually enjoyed almost all of the books!
Check out my wrap up video below or on our youtube channel:
Books I read
Reign the Earth by A.C. Gaughen
Convergence by Marita Smith
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for more videos!
What have you been reading in February? What books did you haul? Talk to me below!