Series: The Elemental Trilogy #3
Published by Balzer + Bray on October 13th, 2015
Genres: Fantasy, Historical, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult
Amazon | Book Depository | Publisher | Angus & Robertson | Booktopia | Barnes & Noble
Add to Goodreads
In a pursuit that has spanned continents, Iolanthe, Titus, and their friends have always managed to remain one step ahead of the forces of Atlantis. But now the Bane, the monstrous tyrant who bestrides the entire mage world, has issued his ultimatum: Titus must hand over Iolanthe, or watch as his entire realm is destroyed in a deadly rampage. Running out of time and options, Iolanthe and Titus must act decisively to deliver a final blow to the Bane, ending his reign of terror for good.
However, getting to the Bane means accomplishing the impossible—finding a way to infiltrate his crypt in the deepest recesses of the most ferociously guarded fortress in Atlantis. And everything is only made more difficult when new prophecies come to light, foretelling a doomed effort…
Iolanthe and Titus will put their love and their lives on the line. But will it be enough?
The Good Things
- The final book in The Elementals Trilogy. I was so excited and terrified going into this. There were so many prophecies and predictions set in the earlier books that had yet to unfold. I was so scared for my favourite characters.
- The action gets going from the very first chapter! The story picks up directly where The Perilous Sea ended and jumps straight into a battle. The suspense was intense, and the magic was fantastic!
- There were plenty of plot twists I didn’t see coming! Lots of subtle foreshadowing moments from the earlier books came to fruition in this one. So many led to some intense feels.
- Once again, we got to see more of the wider world and characters! It was great to finally get a glimpse of Atlantis and learn all the creepy details about the Bane. Amara was another character I’m glad we finally got to know better.
- I continued to love the world building! Especially the bonus footnotes. Those notes are excerpts from interviews with the characters and textbooks from the world. They add so much to the backstory, but they’re not necessary to understand the main story.
- Absolutely everything was wrapped up in this book. And I mean everything. Even the tiniest of plot threads were completely answered in The Immortal Heights. I don’t have any questions about what happened after the end.
- Also, the epilogue was so sweet!
The Not-So-Good Things
- We got so much more information on the Bane in this one, and it has kind of made me sad that we didn’t delve into his mysterious backstory earlier. He is one creepy villain and I wish more little clues were scattered throughout the series. The final revelations did feel a bit info-dumpy.
- I wanted more time with some of the side characters, particularly Amara.
- I’m sad that my time in this world is over. I want more.
This conclusion was everything I want in the final book of a series. Everything was wrapped up well, even the tiniest details, and it kept me on my toes throughout. I really loved this series and am going to miss the magic of this world.
Rating: 4 out of 5
Leave a Reply