As you may know, I’ve been looking for co-bloggers and I’m so excited to introduce Jenna and Aila to the Happy Indulgence team. Check out their introductions here! We’re having such a blast already, it’s definitely more fun blogging with others! Their first posts will be up next week (that’s tomorrow!) guys, they are awesome. Thank you so much to everyone who has encouraged, supported me and shared this post, as always I am constantly overwhelmed by your support and love for Happy Indulgence!
I feel like every time I have this feature I tell you guys how busy I am, but yes! I’ve been house hunting which is honestly a full time job in itself, we’ve looked at 15 houses over a month (intense I know). The downside of having two Ravenclaws with business degrees is that we analyse EVERYTHING, so there’s been spreadsheets, checklists, multiple cashflow analyses, lots of articles and suburb comparisons (yes, I can picture your faces right now, because those are the faces of my incredulous friends I’ve been updating on the process). We have found a few places that we’ve liked, but I don’t want to be rushing into it, so fingers crossed something comes up soon!
On top of that, since my last update we’ve been to two weddings and one baby shower. It seems like Spring is the time for major life events, but I’m so happy for my friends! I’ve also embraced a more positive mentality lately, and it’s amazing just how helpful it’s been in my life. Old friends have come back into my life, I’m generally feeling happier, and I feel like I actually have the strength to endure life’s stresses. Corny, but true.
Next week I’ll be taking a well deserved holiday for most of the week – we’re going to PAX Australia, a gaming convention in Melbourne! We’ll also be doing a quick road trip to the Great Ocean Road, where the twelve apostles are. I go to Melbourne every year, but have never been so thought it would be perfect time.
With thanks to Hachette Australia!
Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray – I can’t believe this came out so early here, it is absolutely STUNNING!
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – I was lucky enough to win a copy of Illuminae and a signed poster, thanks to Allen and Unwin!
Made You Up by Francesca Zappia – I won this from the Shattering Stigmas Giveaway, hosted by A Thousand Lives, It Starts at Midnight and Bookshelf Reflections. Thank you so much ladies!
- Illuminae is definitely worth all the hype, seriously YUMMY SCRUMMY is used in here in the snarky chat dialogues. And what amazing creative formatting! LOVING IT
- Black Iris is not for the faint of heart, I had to gear myself up to read this one and MAN. Disturbing, dark and captivating. 4.5 stars. Review to come!
- The Illuminae tour is happening in November on US shores! (I’m totally jealous!) Check out the dates here.
- Congratulations to the Inky Awards winners, Gabrielle Tozer and Rainbow Rowell for their books The Intern and Fangirl! The Inky Awards are important because they are YA selected by YA readers, and one of the judges was our very own Melanie from YA Midnight Reads!
- Preorder the hardcover of Their Fractured Light from these stores and receive a free signed poster by Megan Spooner and Amie Kaufman! The tour is also happening over November and December here.
- Between the Covers (the YA arm of HarperCollins) YA book nights are happening in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney in November! Full details are here.
- The next book in A Court of Thorns of Roses is called:
- The sneakpeek of the Shadowhunters TV Show is out! What do you think?
- Richelle Mead teases with some new MASSIVE book news coming out over the next week. Any guesses as to what it could be? SO MANY THINGS IT COULD BE?
There’s hot news coming later this week. And no, it has nothing to do with anything VA or Bloodlines. But trust me, it’s hot. Hawt, even.
— Richelle Mead (@RichelleMead) October 20, 2015
Geek & Gamer News
- The Walking Dead Season 6 is out and I am the happiest ever. THIS IS MY SHOW GUYS. MY SHOW. Zombies and Rick, I missed you so, so much. Now every Monday is going to be awesome 😀
- Check out my gaming zombie survival team in the latest Read Play Blog!
- I saw these Hunger Games funko pops at the store the other day. Aren’t they gorgeous?
- Marvel’s Jessica Jones trailer is out!
- Star Wars The Force Awakens trailer is out AND IT IS EPIC
Some great discussion posts I want to share:
- Sara @ Deadly Darlings asks teachers and students why classics should be read in school
- Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight on things she wants to quit
- Rashika @ The Social Potato on how to write a review in 13 easy steps (I lol’d)
- Aimee @ The Social Potato shares some beautiful bookish wallpapers!
- Emily @ Loony Literate lists out 10 YA tropes she’s sick of seeing (and I totally agree with them all)
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight on Book Blogger Insecurities and Why They Don’t Matter
- Cait @ Paper Fury on How to Be Kind to Book Bloggers (This post is exactly what we need right now)
- Jillian @ Chasing Faerytales on inspirational Harry Potter quotes
- Josie @ Josie the Bookworm discusses diversity
- Lisa and Becca @ Lost in Literature discuss ARC envy: The good, the bad and the ugly
How was your bookish week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Infinity Son Review: Phoenix Powers & Brotherhood - February 14, 2020
- January Wrap Up: It’s Been a Busy Start to the Year! - January 31, 2020
- Jeann’s Top 10 Books of 2019 - January 16, 2020