So it HAS been pretty busy for all of us, thank you everyone for commenting and checking out our posts while we’ve been tied up! I really appreciate your ongoing support and comments. It’s been a pretty busy time for me and I’m only catching up on comments now.
Exciting news today – Jenna and Aila are going to meet! I’ll be hanging onto social media and hoping they use my newly created hashtag, #happyindulgencemeets. Aila got through her tough week of exams and Jenna is now in Florida at a conference as we speak! I’m also getting excited for Sydney TeenCon next week and organising to meet up with a few people there! It’s going to be lots of fun but pretty hectic as I’m only there for the weekend.
I have been hopelessly stalking BEA16 posts on Twitter as well! It’s always exciting seeing the latest bookish news, excitement over author signings and of course, the ARC piles!
Also had a great time on ABC radio at the start of the month. I think we’re getting more comfortable chatting to each other on the show. Here’s the link to the soundcloud recording if you missed it.
Our next OzYAY show will be on Summer Skin by Kirsty Eagar – which I know some of you guys love, and A Tangle of Gold by Jaclyn Moriarty! It’d be held on 5 June, 7pm AEST in Australia on ABC Radio (listen online, via the app or on live radio).
In the past few weeks, my mail box has been on fire!
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Star Struck by Jenny McLachlan
The Smell of Other People’s Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock
Unrivaled by Alyson Noel
This Monstrous Child by Francesca Simon
Ruined by Amy Tintera
The Bombs That Brought Us Together by Brian Conaghan
A Toaster on Mars by Darrell Pitt
Julius & the soulcatcher by Tim Hehir
Julius & the watchmaker by Tim Hehir
The Leaving by Tara Altebrando
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson – finished copy
A Tangle of Gold by Jaclyn Moriarty – finished copy
Thanks to Bloomsbury, Text Publishing, Allen and Unwin, Pan Macmillan, Simon and Schuster, HarperCollins for sending me these review copies!
- I’ve just finished ACOMAF and I have to say I’m pretty pissed about it. After reading Queen of Shadows, it’s apparent that Sarah J Maas has a knack for completing writing off beloved characters and changing their personalities beyond redemption. I’m going to be another black sheep here and will probably have lots to say in a rant review.
- I have been binge reading the Colours of Madeline series which Jenna recommended to me. A Corner of White I read in one sitting and The Cracks in the Kingdom was magical!
I’m really loving my recent Instagram theme – trying out some more accessories and messy colours! Follow @happyindulgence for more book photos.
- Jenny Han announced the 3rd Lara Jean book – Always and Forever, Lara Jean on a cake! It’s the 3rd book in the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before series.
- Instagram updated it’s platform with the ugliest rainbow icon ever. Thankfully the layout is now white, clean and minimalist which actually accentuates your photos.
- Nori is encouraging everyone to make their own book blogging features with the Book Blogger Creativity Project! Sign up here.
- Jennifer Niven also announced her 3rd book about a character struggling from weight and bullying. It’s called Holding Up the Universe!
- Veronica Roth has a next book coming out finally – it’s called Carve the Mark!
- Casting news is out for the These Broken Stars TV adaptation!
- Our favourite Aussie superstars Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman have announced their next project together – the Andromeda Cycle!
- Cas and Anna have been cast in the Anna Dressed in Blood movie!
- Cover reveal for Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken (Passenger #2)
Some posts I’ve enjoyed in the past weeks:
- Bec @ Readers in Wonderlands talks about meeting authors while having anxiety
- Aila @ One Way or an Author talks about why YA is important for young adults
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight designed absolutely STUNNING free phone wallpapers on The Star Touched Queen!
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight talks about the 7 things bloggers should never apologise fo
- Cait @ Paper Fury does a quiz on the types of series enders
YOU MAY HAVE MISSED…
- My April booktube video where I rave about Morning Star and talk about the books I read during the month.
- Reviews on two diverse reads – one about a blind protagonist, another about one with selective mutism.
- Jenna lamenting about how she loves sad books.
- Aila being disappointed with The Marked Girl because it seemed stockstandard.
How was your bookish week?