I know you’ve missed me, so it’s time for another Indulgence Insider! YAYYY!
So there’s been a reason for my radio silence – WE HAVE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!! YAYYY! It’s been super stressful organising all the documents in time and paying for all the things that keep popping up during the process, but it’s all happening. It’s such a relief to finally have a place where we can call our own, kind of makes working worth it you know? Anyway, we move in on the 16th of July which I’m super excited about! Trust me I’ve already been planning my dream wall to floor bookshelves and study, watch this space 🙂
Quick Reader Survey
It’s Happy Indulgence’s 4th blogoversary coming up later this month! We’ve got a whole celebration and lots of giveaways planned for that week. You can be part of it too! Just let me know below what your favourite thing about Happy Indulgence is to be featured in the post!
OZYAY July ABC Radio Podcast
Tonight I am discussing these two wonderful #LoveOzYA reads on ABC Radio! Tune in at 7pm AEST on your local ABC radio station, ABC radio app or via https://radio.abc.net.au/ – handy for internationals who are tuning in!
Claire Zorn (one of my favourite Aussie YA authors) is going to be available for a Twitter chat from 8pm AEST, just tweet her your questions at #ABCRhi!
As always, I’ll post up a link to the podcast once it’s up.
Last weekend I went to the Lifeline Bookfest – for those who’ve been following along for a while, you know I often get huge hauls there! It was totally worth getting up early on both days of the weekend to head down. Find out what goodies I got below!
I also purchased The Devious Dr Jekyll by Viola Carr at a bargain bookstore – I loved the first book in this Hyde/Jekyll gender switch and can’t wait to read the next!
Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley
Recreated by Colleen Houck
When Michael Met Mina by Randa Abdel-Fattah
Burning by Danielle Rollins
Girl Out of Water by Nat Luurtsema
The Blood in the Beginning by Kim Falconer
Nothing Tastes As Good by Claire Hennessy (not pictured)
One Step by Andrew Daddo
The Pain, My Mother, Sir Tiffy, Cyber Boy & Me by Michael Gerard Bauer
A Toaster on Mars by Darrell Pitt
Thanks to Pan Macmillan Australia, Penguin Random House, Delacorte Press, Scholastic, Random House Australia, Walker Books, Harlequin, Text Publishing and Hot Key Books for these review copies!
I’ve been reading lots of contemporary YA lately and it’s not my go to genre, so I think I’m getting tired of it again.
– When We Collided – I read this because of Jenna’s positive thoughts but I just couldn’t connect to Vivi. 3 stars.
– Becoming Kirrali Lewis – I loved the diversity and the narration, but I was frustrated at the snobbish main character. 3 stars.
- The Aussie YA Bloggers & Readers group are restarting our newsletters! Subscribe for Aussie YA releases, events & news!
- The #LoveOzYA committee is asking for votes for the new member, you can vote here!
- Sorting for the new Harry Potter Ilvermorny house is now up on Pottermore.
- Some cover reveals:
Some discussion posts I’ve enjoyed in the past month:
- Keionda @ Keionda Lei Lewis asks what kind of blogger are you? (we’re the organised ones)
- Jesse @ Books at Dawn says bloggers are humans too
- Cait @ Paper Fury outlines what book bloggers actually do (and she’s hilarious as always)
- Joey @ Thoughts and Afterthoughts on why his risk adversity would make him a terrible protagonist
- Emily @ Loony Literate talks about the new instagram algorithm
- Kelly @ Diva Booknerd asks about what diversity means to several different readers
- Rashika @ The Social Potato lists the 7 signs of a blogging slump
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley gives you book recommendations based on phone apps
How was your bookish week?
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Gods & Monsters Review: A Disappointing Ending - September 20, 2021
- Star Daughter Review: An Own Voices YA Hindu Story with Stars as Characters - September 16, 2021
- Ace of Spades Review: Privilege & Power in a Private School Setting - September 9, 2021