Phew, January was a busy month, but I managed to get away to the country for a long weekend! I celebrated my birthday and started planning our wedding. With only 7 months to go, it’s a tight timeframe so there’s definitely lots to do! That means I’ve been pretty lazy with blogging, much less taking instagram photos and interacting on Twitter. I also haven’t read as much as I’m used to, but that’s a given. Thanks for everyone who still leaves comments on our blog posts, I really appreciate it and I’ll stop by your blogs when I get the chance.
Toby also keeps us busy, early mornings and nights. He has grown SO much and graduated puppy preschool today! He looks pretty proud in these pics. He starts obedience training tomorrow, which we’re pretty glad for tbh. Owning my first dog, much less a puppy has definitely had it’s challenges but I wouldn’t give it up for the world, he’s so well behaved and absolutely adorable.
Also Jenna has us all obsessed with planner stickers. Send help.
Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken
Reckless, Fearless and The Golden Yarn by Cornelia Funke
Who’s Afraid & Who’s Afraid Too by Maria Lewis
How Not to Fall in Love Actually by Catherine Bennetto
This Beats Perfect by Rebecca Denton (finished copy)
Trouble Tomorrow by Terry Whitebeach & Sarafino Enadio
Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer
Wing Jones by Katherine Webber
Thank you Hachette Australia, Allen & Unwin, Walker Books, Simon & Schuster Australia and Bloomsbury for the review copies.
I did a small poll on Twitter asking what people preferred if they subscribed to email, and here were the results:
If you subscribe to a blog by email, which do you prefer in your inbox:
— Jeann (@happyindulgence) January 24, 2017
- The Aussie YA Bloggers February Newsletter is out, featuring the latest #LoveOzYA releases, news & events! Sign up here.
- It’s the 20th Anniversary of Harry Potter & The Philosophers Stone and these gorgeous 8 house editions are out *whispers* I need all of them.
- On the January edition of OzYAY on ABC Radio, we covered our favourite YA books in 2016, and the 2017 books we’re looking forward to.
- Leigh Bardugo has announced a collection of fairy tale stories in the world of Grisha! Can. Not. Wait.
- To celebrate Chinese New Year, I recommended my favourite festive reads on Read Think Ponder.
- The cast for the Simon vs The Homosapiens Agenda movie has been picked and they are adorable.
- The final book in the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas has been delayed until 2018. But instead, we get a full length Chaol novel!
- This Harry Potter quiz has been making the rounds. I’m 30% Ravenclaw, 28% Gryffindor, 27% Hufflepuff, and 15% Slytherin – and completely shocked. I’ve never had Gryffindor so high up in the list before…but it makes sense TBH.
In Case You Missed It
- This YA novel set in France had potential, but missed the mark according to Jenna.
- A magical mystery with an extremely gorgeous cover, but did it meet expectations? See Aila’s review on The Book Jumper.
- My giveaway for Lisette’s Paris Notebook is open to Aussies, ending 13 Feb.
- Jenna wrapped up the 11 books she read during January.
- Aila can’t stop raving about this diverse YA romance! We’re so keen to read it.
How was your bookish month?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Traitor to the Throne Review: A Rebellion in the Desert - April 27, 2017
- Indulgence Insider #67 – Night Swimming Launch & March Book Haul Video - April 23, 2017
- Waking Gods Review: Giant Space Robots Gets Ridiculous - April 21, 2017