Has it really been 9 months since I’ve joined Happy Indulgence? During these nine months I’ve had so much fun blogging and chatting daily with Jeann and Aila. I’ve gotten to meet the both of them in person and have found out some interesting things about them, which I’ll share with you today.
Jeann and I at the Sydney Writer’s Festival (Photo taken by Jeann)
1. Jeann has met and taken photos with Orlando Bloom. A proper photo where he’s got HIS ARM AROUND HER… almost like the picture of the two of us above. I am so insanely jealous but happy for her and I hope she has it printed and framed somewhere in her house.
2. Jeann is a morning person and is always up much earlier than a normal person should be up (says the girl who is a total night owl). She sometimes sends us messages at 6am… which I never respond to until 8am when I’m actually awake.
3. She is allergic and intolerant to a lot of foods, which can cause a bit of trouble when choosing what to eat. I don’t know how she deals with it, to be honest, because I can’t imagine going without a lot of the foods that I usually eat.
4. Jeann loves to take photos and selfies 😀 When we were at the Sydney Writer’s Festival with Aentee @ Read at Midnight, I was in selfie hell HAHA. We were taking selfies at every street corner!
5. Jeann loves Happy Indulgence so much that she has a lot of cloud merchandise at home. I believe she has a few cloud pillows, a cloud light and cloud stationery, among other things. Now, I’m always on the look out for more cloud items to tell her about.
6. Jeann is a Jeannius and graduated from university at 18! WHAAAAA?!
7. In case you couldn’t tell, Jeann is really into her games. She goes to the PAX convention each year in Melbourne. And just the other day, she actually drove back to a certain spot after work to catch Pikachu on Pokemon Go. That is dedication. At least much more dedication that I have. She also spent three hours catching Pokemon after work today.
Aila and I at the Dali Museum in St Petersburg, FL
1. Aila is even crazier than Jeann and regularly gets up at 5am. There are even times when she’s gotten up at 3am. That girl is absolutely nuts and I feel tired just thinking about being awake at those times (unless I’m just getting into bed). She also gets up early every month to tune into OzYAY, where Jeann talks about Aussie YA books on radio.
2. She has a pretty poor sense of direction. We wouldn’t have been able to make our way back to the car after lunch in Florida if this Australian hadn’t remembered where we parked XD
3. Her dad has written and published a novel! It’s in Chinese though so we can’t read it T_T
4. I don’t know how she does it but Aila always has lots of posts scheduled in advance. There’s even a post scheduled for December already. I’m always scrambling to get my posts up every week so I have no idea where she finds the time to do it along with all of her schoolwork!
5. Thanks to me, Aila now has a Tim Tam (chocolate biscuit with a chocolate filling, covered in chocolate) obsession. I gave her three deluxe size packets when I met up with her in Florida and I think she finished them before the month was over haha. I will be sending her some more when I’m in the States later this year.
6. She likes ice cream flavours that make her tongue and mouth blue. I wish I’d taken a photo when it happened because it was super funny.
7. Aila secretly loves reading historical romances or even romances in general. They’re total guilty pleasures for her and she sneakily marks them as read in Goodreads and hides them from her feed. BUSTED.
To celebrate our 4 year blogoversary, I’m going to be giving away a brand new paperback copy of The Next Together by Lauren James, which was the first book I ever reviewed here on Happy Indulgence.
- This giveaway is open internationally and ends on 31 July 2016
- Winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 48 hours, otherwise a new winner will be drawn
- I will be checking all entries so no cheating!
- I will personally ship out the prize so you must be able to provide me with a shipping address. Please make sure you have parental permission to give out your address, if you’re under 18.
Jenna doesn’t know it, but I totally hijacked her post so I could add things I’ve learnt about her bwahaha! I mean, it would only be fair right? – Jeann
1. She sleeps at ungodly hours, I would wake up in the morning at 6am and see conversations between her and Aila that go until 1 am at night! I don’t know how she does it!
2. Jenna absolutely LOVES her bakery and sweet treats. Due to my food intolerances, I’m always jealous of the delicious things she’s eating!
3. It was so much fun meeting Jenna in person because she has this really hilarious sarcastic humour about her. There’s no one like Jenna who will tell it like it is, but somehow make it totally funny at the same time.
4. She has an obsession with Hello Happy Art bookmarks and has hundreds of them hiding in her home! It’s always exciting seeing what bookmarks she’s recently ordered.
5. Due to being an awesome researcher in the world of psychology, she presents her research at conferences all over the world! She recently came back from presenting in Florida and has recently won an award for the best presentation!
6. She’s the fastest reader out of all of us and approximately reads 20 books a month! I remember reading one of her wrap up posts and apparently 13 books a month is slow for her lol. Because of all of our varied reading paces, this is why we don’t get to buddy read all that much, although we did squeeze in The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl recently.
7. Jenna is absolutely relentless when it comes to recommending her favourite books. She will find every opportunity to bring up All the Light We Cannot See or The Infernal Devices, which you will know if you follow her blog, Reading With Jenna. She’s constantly trying to get Aila and I to buddy read The Infernal Devices too, and even made Aila buy it when they went book shopping together!
I hope you don’t mind Jenna :D! I LOVE YOU GIRLS <3
Latest posts by Jenna (see all)
- The Sky is Everywhere Review: A Strong and Considered Exploration of Grief - April 8, 2021
- A Pho Love Story Review: The Novel That Has It All - March 25, 2021
- Chain of Iron Review: How Will I Survive The Wait for Book 3?! - March 13, 2021