Here I am, talking to you all from my new house! We’ve still got a lot of unpacking to do and I’m still too scared to go through my multitude of boxes, but it feels great finally having a place to call our own. Getting our internet connected didn’t take too long either. I don’t know what I would’ve done without Jenna and Aila and 3g internet on the phone!
Not gonna lie, I’ve also been hopelessly addicted to Pokemon Go. Seriously, I’ve been playing everyday and I have been spending hours after work catching them. So while I’ve been catching them all, I’ve been reading a lot less. I’ve only read a grand total of 4 books this month!!!
I hope you enjoyed our blog party last week! We had lots of fun with planning out our posts and everything. Let us know what your favourite post was (my personal favourite was when I hijacked Jenna’s post cos she was so surprised :D)!
- Win a $20 Aussie YA book from The Book Depository – ends 31/7/16
- Win The Next Together by Lauren James – ends 31/7/16
- Win an ARC of Caraval by Stephanie Garber – US only – ends 31/7/16
- Win 1 of 5 Reawakened/Recreated sets from Colleen Houck – ends 11/8/16
So packing up my thousands of books caused me lots of grief, I kept on running out of boxes and had to run out and get more. There were lots of tears, I tell you. I have book unpacking anxiety now, so I’m not sure when I’ll get around to setting up that majestic library of my dreams. Lucky I got more books from publishers to keep me occupied!
And I Darken by Kiersten White
Black by Fleur Ferris
Special by Georgia Blain
It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye
The Book That Made Me edited by Judith Ridge
The Loneliness of Distant Beings by Kate Ling
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (Movie Edition)
Promising Azra by Helen Thurloe
The Boundless Sublime by Lili Wilkinson
Ship Kings 4: The ocean of the Dead by Andrew McGahan
Nerve by Jeanne Ryan
Den of Wolves by Juliet Marillier
See, no unpacking necessary!
Thanks to Penguin Random House, Allen & Unwin, Simon & Schuster, Pan Macmillan Australia, HarperCollins and Walker Books.
One would question why I would still need to go to the library but I didn’t choose the book worm life, the book worm life chose me.
- I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
- Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee
- Highly Illogical Behaviour by John Corey Whaley
- The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
- The rest are books I own.
OzYAY on Air – 7 Aug
It’s always lots of fun talking about the latest Aussie YA reads for OzYay on Air! Our next reads are When Michael Met Mina (which I’ve already read and is excellent) and The Beauty is in the Walking. Tune in on 7 Aug 7-8pm AEST on your local ABC radio station, the ABC radio app or at radio.abc.net.au!
Listen to the last OzYay podcast on Becoming Kirrali Lewis & One Would Think the Deep:
All OzYay segments are available here.
- David Levithan & Rainbow Rowell are coming to Australia! Book your tickets for Melbourne Writer’s Festival on 28 Aug and Sydney at Kinokinuya on 2 Sep.
- David Levithan, Meg Rosoff, Jaclyn Moriarty, Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman are coming to Love YA for Brisbane Writer’s Festival on 10 Sep. Details here.
- Ascendant, the 4th movie in the Divergent series is skipping the cinemas and going straight to TV lol.
- Movie rights have been sold for This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab!
- The stars have been cast for the Everything, Everything movie and they’re adorable!
- AILA’S FAMOUS! The Gemina casualty list has been published and she’s on the list!!!
- Sarah J Maas has announced eight new books – 2 extra books for the Throne of Glass series and 3 novels, 2 novels and a colouring book for the ACOTAR series!
- Check out and preorder these beautiful red/black edged editions of Nevernight.
How was your bookish week?
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Yellowface by R.F. Kuang Review: A Bold, Unapologetic Tell-all of the Publishing Industry - July 15, 2023
- The Last Tale of the Flower Bride Review: A Gothic Dark Fairytale - May 3, 2023
- The Issues I Had With It Ends With Us - March 4, 2023